Medication

When I was in hospital I was put on the medication "Olanzapine" for my Psychosis and "Sertraline" for my depression. The doctors and nurses monitored me for a few weeks before putting me on any medication to see what I was going through and diagnose me as best as they could.

The olanzapine made me crave sugar and sweets, so I was eating a LOT! It was also making me very sleepy.

We decided to change medication and so I was put on Aripiprazole which is another anti-psychotic, which I am still on today and I haven't noticed any side effects from it.

The doses of my medications have had lots of changes. The Summer after my admission to hospital, my psychosis came back a bit after not having any symptoms for a while. We put my medication up by 2.5mg and instantly I was better. At the moment I am coming off my anti-depressant, Sertraline. I am being taken off it very slowly- 50mg every 4 weeks. So far, so good! I am on my smallest dose- 25mg, and it seems to be all running very smoothly.

1 comment:

  1. Just to let you know, the antidepressant that we were put on, Sertraline, made me want to shoot up my school. I actually ordered a gas mask during this time. Thank god I wasn't Sandy Hook: the sequel

    ReplyDelete